Powered By Blogger

Monday, March 17, 2014

Apple Smartwatch???

Taken from: http://www.tomshardware.com/news/apple-smartwatch-iwatch-rumors-specs-watch,26303.html


I've worn a wristwatch (aka "watch") since I was 15.  I could keep track of time on my paper route so I could get home in time to head to school.  In school (especially for boring classes), I could check my watch every few minutes (gee - I hope none of my students does that).  

I've generally gone for simple (and cheap).  My current watch is a Timex - I think about $14.95 - and has lasted for years.  I don't even remember if I've changed the battery.

BUT... it might be time for a smartphone watch - (really just called a smartwatch). The first link (above) suggests a watch for fitness (count steps, heart rate, and exercise monitoring).  
The article suggests (since all of this is speculations):
Patent filings also point to data and image processors, a camera, support for playing audio files, facial recognition, voice control and authentication, and telephony.
The item from that list that sticks out is "facial recognition" - do they mean the user's face - so I bend my wrist to my face - and it logs me on?  Or other faces?  (aka some "Google Glasses" facial recognition).

At this stage, the market has several smartwatches (see second article attached above).

If and when it comes out - will people buy it (my answer - of course, it is an Apple product!!0

No comments: