Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, May 08, 2012

Cloud Storage

Taken from:

Okay, we have Apple iCloud, Google Drive, DropBox, Amazon Cloud Storage - and now Microsoft Sky Drive (with more free space - see chart - from the article):

Competition is great!!!  I have used DropBox - and like it - But ... 7 gigabytes is more than 2.  Or I could confuse myself and have space on all of these services - and also on Amazon Cloud (with 5 gigabytes free) - or ... I could purchase space.  Who needs a hard drive - I have 24 gigabytes on five services free.

I'm writing this as I'm doing my backup to my external harddrive - (I think it is a 200 GB drive) - this is mostly in case my laptop does bad.  If I want something (files) from the hard drive when I'm away from my office - I can't get to them.  The campus has FileSpace (I'm not sure what amount of space I have there).

So ... space is getting cheaper - and more available 

No comments: