Powered By Blogger

Monday, December 26, 2011

So you plan on skipping work this week?

Taken from:

Some of the excuses that were used:
  • I drank antifreeze by mistake
  • Bats go into my hair
  • A refrigerator fell on top of me
  • A deer bite
  • Brother-in-law was kidnapped by a Mexican drug cartel
  • My daughter stole my car (she was age 12)
  • Calling in sick (when really well - taking a 'mental health day'?)
And ... some employer reactions:
  • Fired workers for illegitimate excuses
  • They have called their bluffs (called home / doctor / other)
  • Some have driven by the employees house to verify

(Aside note - I've had students 'email' in sick - (I'm not feeling well) - and then I've run into them later in the day. It makes it hard to write a glowing recommendation!!)

No comments: