Powered By Blogger

Friday, December 02, 2011

Android phone spies on users

Taken from:

The article notes that there is software on Android phones that keeps track of keystrokes, all Google searches, your browsing and your messages. Supposedly the company uses the data to analyze the effectiveness of the phones and software and does not save the data; but ... what if they do?

Over the years, technology has developed so that we can 'spy' almost anytime / almost anywhere. Our cars have GPS units that keep track of where we are, our speed, and driving habits; video cameras exist in parking lots, stores and more (yes, they do help catch bank robbers and convenience store thefts); and our phones are being tapped. If I tell my wife (or a very close friend) that "person X is a jerk" (or some stronger language), can I eventually be sued for libel? If I express a very personal 'dark secret' (if I had any), will my phone save that - and eventually if I run for president, it will come out?

Is George Orwell from the novel 1984 correct when he stated that "Big Brother is watching you"?

No comments: