Powered By Blogger

Monday, May 30, 2011

iPad (version 1) - thinks I don't like

Things I don't like on the iPad version 1:
- Keyboard
(okay, I can get an external keyboard - but)
I am a good typist and can do quite well with a keyboard - I'm a touch typist - put my fingers on the home row and I don't look at my fingers, just type
With the iPad, I become a "hunt-and-peck" typist I have to watch my fingers. My typing speed goes from about 35 words per minute to 5 words a minute

- Specific applications
Where is my Word? I can't really develop assignments or grade papers on the iPad
Where is my Excel? Part of my standard daily routine
Where is Flash? I can't play my sister in Scrabble on the iPad

No camera

So ... at this stage (version 1), the iPad is a nice platform for reading email, surfing the net, playing some games, reading books and the news. But ... for me, not all that practical to my job.

No comments: